progress tracker

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Race report and 10% of my goal complete!

I survived the race -yay! :) I had my doubts because of the training (or lack of) but made a point of going slower than I felt I needed to for the first lap and planned to go from there for the second. I'm glad I did, as there was a long gradual incline for most of the first lap so on the second one I kept it steady for that and when I hit the downhill then I knew I was going to make it.

I loved the race atmosphere. Encouraging stewards, lovely runners to chat with to keep me going for parts of the race, and that fantastic feeling when you cross the line and know you are done!! My time was 1:11:40, which isn't brilliant but is much better than I thought it was going to be and it gives me room for improvement. Here's a photo of me with my medal after the finish.





Since I was running with a friend, there wasn't anyone there to get action shots (what a shame...) but will try for those in my half next month.

In other news, with my recovery run on Monday (ouch!) I hit 62 miles, which is 100k and 10% of my goal distance.  900k to go!! :)  I've made a training plan for the next 6 weeks to get me ready for the Malvern half marathon, and counting up the miles (estimating a bit for tempo/interval days) I'll be adding over 100 more miles to that total by the end of June.

Tonight's run was a bit of interval work. I'm trying to get some quality training in but still recovering a bit from Saturday's race so it was a shorter one at 2.31 miles, but it was a bit faster and with more hills than normal.

Ryan has his 6 monthly paediatrican appointment tomorrow morning, this should be fairly straightforward but and we have a great consultant but Ryan said to me tonight "mummy, why do I have to keep seeing him?" which was too complicated to explain at bedtime!

Thanks to those who have sponsored me so far, can't wait until the end of the year to pass the money on to HemiChat.  Last night I've booked us in for a meet up in June at Cadbury World. Ryan's excited to see some of his friends again, and this wouldn't be possible without the funding that goes into HemiChat.

More soon!
Emily x 

No comments:

Post a Comment