progress tracker

Monday 30 June 2014

Halfway report!

I wish I could say I was halfway through the miles.... but not quite there since I missed a few months with my hip.  I'm halfway through the year though and very pleased to say that I'm 25% there with the distance. Tonight's 3.73miles puts me at 157.9 (typical)miles, which is 252.6km.  And yes, all the .2s and .9s matter as they all add up!

So far I've done 2 races- a 10k and a half marathon.  Here's 2 of the official photos from the half. I love the one of Ryan and the acorn. If you look on Acorn's facebook page you'll spot him in some of their advertising, and he even made the paper (with Mark and Lucas too!!).






Today I started a 16wk training plan for my next half marathon. It'll get me out 4-5 times a week which will make those miles add up quickly. :) I'm going to be brave and join the local running group too now that it's a bit easier to fit in on a Wednesday.


Still to come in the next 6 months:

-the next 750k!! That's 124k (77 miles) a month and my favourite time of year to run is pretty much here.

-lots of races!
Evesham 10k and Race for Life Pretty Muddy 5k in July
Worcester City 10k in September
Great Birmingham half marathon in October
any others I like the look of ;)

-2 month long 'challenges'
August will be 'parkrun month' where I'll do all 5 parkrun races - that's 9am on a Saturday!! Even when on holiday
November will be a runstreak - I'll run every day for the whole month. Hopefully get a race in too.

-a virtual 5k for you to join in and get yourself a medal!! (coming very soon!!)


Thank you all for the support as always, and if you are local and see me out on the roads, give a wave! :)
Emily x


No comments:

Post a Comment