progress tracker

Sunday 15 June 2014

The countdown is on!!





This time next week I will be sat at home with a large glass of wine having just run my first ever half marathon.  It's getting real now!!! Training has been going well, I'm much more confident about the long runs and as long as I space out the days I run, my shins are coping ok. Hayfever has not been a great help this week, leaving me feeling very rotten, thankfully it's been time to rest my legs before the race so I'm not missing any training that I've needed to do and can cope with short and easy runs.

I've hit 200k this week too!! So I'm 20% done, quite pleased with that. :) 

Next Sunday is the Acorns Triple Run, which means there's 3 races all starting at once, the Malvern half marathon which I'm doing, a 5k fun run, and a 1k fun run.  Mark, Natalie, Ryan and Lucas will be running the 1k fun run at the same time as I start my half marathon. This month, HemiChat is doing a charity-wide fundraising challenge similar to mine called 1000 Miles of Smiles. Children and their siblings have all pledged a distance that they will do this month to make up 1000 miles. It can be walked, wheeled, scooted, swam, biked.....  Natalie, Ryan and Lucas have each pledged 5 miles. This 1k will be the first bit, then in 2wks we're off to the Forest of Dean for some scooter and bike fun, and we'll do a family run to finish off the rest. They're very excited to do a proper race (they'll get a medal) just like Mummy, and would love it if you'd sponsor them. You can just donate to my JustGiving page and note that it's for the kids, and I'll make sure it's included in the 1000 Miles total. They'll all be wearing HemiChat tshirts and will be there to cheer (carry) me over the line a few hours later....

Last weekend we had a day out with 16 other HemiChat families at Cadbury World.  It was fantastic to see familiar faces, and meet new people too. The chocolate we came home with was a bonus! Great for after a run ;)  We had lunch in the indoor picnic tent as it had been raining, and after the mass group of girl guides left, Ryan had a great time with other children running around/over/under the empty benches. He's already asking when the next meet will be. :) This was us (apart from me!!) catching the falling chocolate balls.



I'll update the blog a bit more this week in the lead up to the race. Will keep me from getting nervous!! :)
Bye for now, and as always, thanks so much for your support x x
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck for the race Emily, you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete